Fax machines are not available at our library locations. However online fax services are available online from www.faxzero.com. This is a free fax service which sends up to three (3) pages plus a cover sheet for free online or up to 25 pages plus a cover sheet for $1.99.
Here is how it works:
1) If you have print items (not PDF or Word), you can scan the items at the library. Our scanners allow you to email the document to yourself in PDF format.
2) Log on to the library computer station and then log into your email. Download the PDF attachment to the desktop.
3) Next, go to an Internet browser (Chrome works best) and type in http://www.faxzero.com/
4) Fill out the Sender and Recipient information as well as any cover sheet information. You will have to enter a code to verify that they are human and not a robot.
5) After everything is filled out, select Send Free Fax Now (3 pages + cover sheet), or Almost Free Fax (25 pages + cover sheet).
6) You will receive an email which contains a link to confirm that they want to send the fax. Always double check the fax number before clicking on it to send!
7) After you click on the URL in their email to send the fax, it will send.
8) After it has sent, you will get a confirmation email that the fax went through (just like a regular fax machine). Do not delete this! If you wish, you can print it out and staple it to your physical paperwork for your file copy.
Feel free to ask any librarian for assistance if you have any questions.